Welcome To Holiday Wags
Home From Home Holidays For Dogs (not boarding kennels) in Scotland
We all love our dogs – pampered, spoilt pooches that they are, and wouldn’t it be nice to think that whilst you are away sunbathing, sightseeing, white-water rafting, skiing, or just propping up the bar in some foreign clime, your beloved dog(s) are also having a good time in the comfort of a home environment?!
We started Holiday Wags 10 years ago when we were asked to look after someone’s dog whilst they were away. Since that time the business has snowballed and we now have lots of happy doggy clients, many of whom have camped out with us several times before now.
What we offer is this: – a safe, secure, friendly environment in my home for your dogs. We are home-based for much of the time so that your dog will almost always have human, as well as doggy company. If your beloved dog wishes to toast its paws in front of the fire then this can be arranged! Lots of tummy tickles, cuddles and affection are the order of the day. We have a large garden (1.25 acres) and because our cottage is situated on a farm we have access to miles of off-road walking. The farm is mainly arable, with no sheep to worry about and, surprisingly, no rabbits either! Furthermore, there are extensive forest walks five minutes away. Dog walking is tailored to the individual requirements of your dog or dogs.
Holiday Wags is situated approximately half an hour from Inverness, on the Black Isle, close to Jemimaville and Cromarty yet only 15 minutes from the A9. Please see our – Location and Contact Us – page for details.
In a ‘dog basket’ this is what we offer:
- Maximum of three dogs taken at any one time
- Fully licensed by Highland Council (Licence No. 001 – yes, really!)
- Fully insured for public liability
- Safe environment, half a mile from the road
- All instructions for the care of your pet carried out to the letter
- Lots of cuddles, play and individual attention
- Designated, large ‘dog room’ in our home
- Access to all areas of the house/garden
- You are welcome to come for a visit and a chat before making any booking to make sure that you and your dog(s) like what you see. Likewise, we will always be honest and tell you if we don’t think that your dog would settle in a home boarding environment. Very rarely does this happen.
- Plenty of doggy company if your dog is happy mixing with others
- Dogs can be kept separate from our own dogs if they prefer their own company
- The vet is always called for advice/visit if we are in the slightest bit worried about your dog
- Our own dogs are well used to dogs from all walks of life coming and going and are very friendly
The following doggy games are usually available:
- Football (depending on number of willing participants)
- Chase (usually involving Ruiri, our young collie, running off with a big stick and the others trying to catch him!)
- Practice dive-bombing the large pond to get as wet as possible!
- Roll in something undesirable to see who ends up the smelliest!
- Hole digging: bonio awarded for the biggest hole dug!
- Race to see who can bag the best seat/bed in the house!
- Swimming in the stream on hot days for those water-loving canines!
- And, as an added ‘extra’, ‘Meet the Postie’, who ALWAYS carries dog biscuits! This is usually the highlight of the day!
If you would like more information and/or would like to come for a visit, please do not hesitate to contact us.
PAWS FOR THOUGHT: Where would you rather leave your dog when going away?
IT IS BEST TO CONTACT US BY EMAIL IN THE FIRST INSTANCE
THIS USUALLY GUARANTEES A QUICKER RESPONSE THAN THE LAND LINE!! IF YOU DO ‘PHONE, PLEASE WOULD YOU LEAVE A LAND LINE CONTACT NUMBER WHERE POSSIBLE. MANY THANKS.